1. The worm gear reducer can get a huge equipment ratio, and the larger output torque is smaller sized than the staggered axle gear mechanism.
2. The two tooth of the worm gear are in line contact, and the bearing capability is much higher than that of the crossed helical equipment mechanism.
3. The worm equipment reducer transmission is the same as the screw travel, which really is a multi-tooth mesh travel, so the transmission is steady and the noise is very small.
4. The worm gear reducer has self-locking home. When the lead angle of the worm can be smaller than the equivalent friction angle between your meshing teeth, the mechanism has self-locking home, and the reverse self-locking can be realized, that’s, the worm steering wheel can only be driven by the worm, and the worm can’t be driven by the worm steering wheel. For instance, in the self-locking worm mechanism used in its heavy machinery, the reverse self-locking home can serve as a safety protection.
5. The worm equipment reducer has high transmission efficiency and significant wear. On the other hand, the relative sliding speed is large, causing severe put on on the tooth surface and serious heat generation. In order to dissipate heat and reduce wear, components with better Air Compressor anti-friction and anti-wear properties and great lubrication devices tend to be used, therefore the cost is high.
6. The axial drive of the reducer worm is definitely huge, and the anti-lock bearing is certainly installed on the worm shaft of our factory.