Starshine Drive Cycloid Geared Motor Characteristics
1. Smooth running,low noise gear tooth needle more engagement.
2. Cycloidal tooth profile provides a high contact ratio to withstand overload shocks
3. Compact size: single ratio available from 1/9 to 1/87, double stage up from 1/99 to 1/7569
4. Ideal for dynamic applications: frequent start-stop-reversing duties suits for cyclo speed reducer since inertia is low
5. Reduce maintenance costs: high reliability, long life, minimal maintenance compared to conventional gearboxes
6. Internal parts replaceable with other brands to ensure running.
7. Grease Lubricated & Oil Lubricated Models Available
8. Output Shaft Rotation Direction: Single Reduction: Clockwise Rotation; Double Reduction→ Counter Clockwise Rotation
9. Ambient Conditions: Indoor Installation:10-40 Celsius, Max 85% Humidity, Under 1000m Altitude, Well Ventilated Environment, Free of corrosive, explosive gases, vapors and dust
10.Slow Speed Shaft Direction: Horizontal, Vertical Up & Down, Universal Direction
11.Mounting Style: Foot Mount, Flange Mount & Vertical F-flange Mount,
12. Input Connection: Cyclo Integral Motor, Hollow Input Shaft Adapter
13. Coupling Method With Driven Machine: Coupling, Gears, Chain Sprocket Or Belt
14. Cycloid reducer Capacity Range: 0.37kW ~ 11kW;
2. Technical parameters
|Output Shaft Dia.
ZheJiang CHINAMFG Drive Co.,Ltd,the predecessor was a state-owned military mould enterprise, was established in 1965. CHINAMFG specializes in the complete power transmission solution for high-end equipment manufacturing industries based on the aim of “Platform Product, Application Design and Professional Service”.
Starshine have a strong technical force with over 350 employees at present, including over 30 engineering technicians, 30 quality inspectors, covering an area of 80000 square CHINAMFG and kinds of advanced processing machines and testing equipments. We have a good foundation for the industry application development and service of high-end speed reducers & variators owning to the provincial engineering technology research center,the lab of gear speed reducers, and the base of modern R&D.
Quality:Insist on Improvement,Strive for Excellence With the development of equipment manufacturing indurstry,customer never satirsfy with the current quality of our products,on the contrary,wcreate the value of quality.
Quality policy:to enhance the overall level in the field of power transmission
Quality View:Continuous Improvement , pursuit of excellence
Quality Philosophy:Quality creates value
3. Incoming Quality Control
To establish the AQL acceptable level of incoming material control, to provide the material for the whole inspection, sampling, immunity. On the acceptance of qualified products to warehousing, substandard goods to take return, check, rework, rework inspection; responsible for tracking bad, to monitor the supplier to take corrective
measures to prevent recurrence.
4. Process Quality Control
The manufacturing site of the first examination, inspection and final inspection, sampling according to the requirements of some projects, judging the quality change trend;
found abnormal phenomenon of manufacturing, and supervise the production department to improve, eliminate the abnormal phenomenon or state.
5. FQC(Final QC)
After the manufacturing department will complete the product, stand in the customer’s position on the finished product quality verification, in order to ensure the quality of
customer expectations and needs.
6. OQC(Outgoing QC)
After the product sample inspection to determine the qualified, allowing storage, but when the finished product from the warehouse before the formal delivery of the goods, there is a check, this is called the shipment inspection.Check content:In the warehouse storage and transfer status to confirm, while confirming the delivery of the
product is a product inspection to determine the qualified products.
|Motor, Agricultural Machinery, Ceramic
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Vertical or Horizotal Type
|Planetary Conedisk Friction Type
Calculation of Reduction Ratio in a Cycloidal Gearbox
The reduction ratio in a cycloidal gearbox can be calculated using the following formula:
Reduction Ratio = (Number of Input Pins + Number of Output Pins) / Number of Output Pins
In a cycloidal gearbox, the input pins engage with the lobes of the cam disc, while the output pins are engaged with the cycloidal pins of the output rotor. The reduction ratio determines the relationship between the number of input and output pins engaged at any given time.
For example, if a cycloidal gearbox has 7 input pins and 14 output pins engaged, the reduction ratio would be:
Reduction Ratio = (7 + 14) / 14 = 1.5
This means that for every 1 revolution of the input pins, the output rotor will complete 1.5 revolutions. The reduction ratio is a key parameter that influences the output speed and torque of the cycloidal gearbox.
History of Cycloidal Gear System Development
The history of cycloidal gear systems dates back to ancient times, with various forms of non-circular gears being used for specialized applications. The concept of the cycloidal gear system as we know it today, however, has evolved over centuries of engineering and innovation:
- Ancient Roots: The concept of using non-circular gears can be traced back to ancient civilizations, where devices like the “Antikythera Mechanism” (c. 150-100 BC) employed non-circular gear arrangements.
- Cam Mechanisms: During the Renaissance, engineers and inventors like Leonardo da Vinci explored mechanisms involving cams and followers, which are precursors to modern cycloidal gears.
- Cycloidal Motion Studies: In the 19th century, engineers and mathematicians like Franz Reuleaux and Robert Willis studied and developed mechanisms based on the principles of cycloidal motion.
- Early Cycloidal Gearboxes: The development of cycloidal gear systems gained momentum in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, with inventors like Emile Alluard and Louis André creating early forms of cycloidal gear mechanisms and gearboxes.
- Cycloidal Drive: The term “cycloidal drive” was coined by James Watt in the 18th century, referring to mechanisms that produce a motion resembling a rolling circle.
- Modern Cycloidal Gearboxes: The development of modern cycloidal gearboxes was further advanced by engineers like Ralph B. Heath, who patented the “Harmonic Drive” in the 1950s. This invention marked a significant step in the advancement and commercialization of precision cycloidal gear systems.
- Advancements and Applications: Over the decades, cycloidal gear systems have found applications in robotics, aerospace, automation, and other fields that require compactness, precision, and high torque capabilities.
The history of cycloidal gear system development reflects the contributions of many engineers and inventors who have refined and advanced the technology over time. Today, cycloidal gearboxes continue to play a crucial role in various industries and applications.
How Does a Cycloidal Gearbox Work?
A cycloidal gearbox operates on the principle of cycloidal motion to transmit rotational power. It consists of a set of components that work together to achieve smooth and efficient motion transmission:
- High-Speed Input Shaft: The gearbox is connected to a high-speed input shaft, typically driven by an electric motor or another power source.
- Cycloidal Pins or Rollers: Surrounding the input shaft are a series of cycloidal pins or rollers arranged in a circular pattern. These pins interact with the lobed profiles of the outer stationary ring.
- Outer Stationary Ring: The outer ring remains stationary and contains lobed profiles. The lobes are designed in a way that allows them to engage with the cycloidal pins as they rotate.
- Motion Transmission: As the input shaft rotates, it causes the cycloidal pins to move along the circular path. The interaction between the cycloidal pins and the lobed profiles of the outer ring results in a unique motion known as epicycloidal or hypocycloidal motion.
This motion generates torque that is transferred from the input shaft to the output shaft of the gearbox. The main advantage of a cycloidal gearbox is its ability to provide high torque output in a compact design. The multiple points of contact between the pins and the lobes distribute the load, enhancing the gearbox’s load-carrying capacity.
Cycloidal gearboxes are known for their smooth and controlled motion, making them suitable for applications requiring precise positioning and high torque capabilities, such as robotics, automation, and industrial machinery.
editor by CX 2023-12-01