Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is influenced by the course of duty of the crane which should be determined and specified. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal gear systems type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear devices type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating desk, find in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm examine the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected such that the rated HP is equal or even more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP can be 9, the machine HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric motor for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will be suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in course IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Interested in finding out more regarding crane duty helical gearbox?